Head of Artist & Label Services – Soundman Interactive
Designation: Head of Artist & Label Services - Soundman Interactive
Salary: Please specify your desired salary.
at Soundman Interactive (View all jobs)
Soundman Interactive is a global recorded music company with a broad roster of artists including local artists and international superstars, with a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Soundman Interactive is seeking an individual to help work on initiatives related to Soundman Interactive and its products.
Soundman Interactive is an innovative music distribution company, operating in over 40 markets globally. We’re proud to be leading the way in both distribution and artist services across the world, providing creative, comprehensive and independent sales and marketing solutions for content owners across a diverse and exciting range of artists.
Soundman Interactive has an immediate opening for a Head of Artist & Label Services, UK. The position will lead the local artist services team and act as a relationship, strategy, and label manager for key artists and labels in London and related territories. Driving efficient communication and best practices, setting and attaining goals and developing staff and artists are critical to the candidate’s success. The role will also maintain high level relationships across the industry, particularly as it pertains to artist & label services. The ideal candidate will successfully elevate the company’s revenue and profile within the current client and retail base, and act as the primary conduit for new opportunities to drive the business.
So..what will you be doing?
- Manage high level relationships with distributed music clients across a variety of genres, including high touch frontline and high volume, high profile artists and labels whilst heightening market presence and brand awareness
- Attract, sign and retain new talent in order to grow Soundman Interactive’s direct to artist business.
- Strategise and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary.
- Manage and develop local artist services team, interfacing with colleagues on a territorial and global level
- Nurture productive working relationships with local SME affiliate executives and fellow Soundman territory leads
- Provide local market insights and build and execute strategy in conjunction with global senior management
- Drive further cooperation within the region and grow our markets as a team, both through local releases and by international representation of Soundman Interactive’s catalogue.
- Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required.
- Assist with content acquisition and business development.
- Liaise with various internal departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management, to ensure all client and retail partner business needs are met.
Qualification / Requirements
- Strong experience and understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape.
- Experience within a label or distribution company managing catalogues, frontline releases and relationships.
- Expertise using content management systems and digital metadata across a variety of genres.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally.
- Passionate about Independent music, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and able to travel internationally.